In an era defined by the pressing need for sustainable practices, the power of collaboration across sectors emerges as a beacon of hope. This synergy not only sparks innovation but also propels the efficient execution of solutions to address our planet's challenges. By fostering a holistic understanding and engaging various perspectives, cross-sector collaboration becomes a catalyst for change, enabling us to scale impact and mitigate risks collectively.
Including a variety of viewpoints from different groups is vital in making decisions for the future because studies consistently demonstrate that having a mix of voices leads to more creative solutions and long-lasting results. Embracing the diversity of various experiences ensures a full understanding of complicated issues, building a society that considers the needs and goals of everyone involved.
Andrew Merrie, Head of Futures at Planethon:
As Andrew Merrie, Head of Futures at Planethon, describes if we as a collectively work to solve problems and that innovation comes from many different directions, not just from the western world. That scales the capacity of collaboration to solve issues collectively. When we share learning with generosity we inspire other to do so. And that creates as collective approech to counteract despair and leads to action.
WE WILL COLLABORATE ACROSS SILOS We generously share learnings, progress and act for the common good. Collectively we can showcase generosity of spirit and understand that we all have a role to play, to encourage and inspire each other.
In the following key takeaways, we delve into the profound advantages that such collaboration holds in shaping a more sustainable world.
- Innovation: Collaboration across sectors brings together diverse perspectives, fostering innovation by combining ideas and expertise from different fields.
- Efficiency: Shared resources and knowledge lead to more efficient problem-solving and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Holistic Approach: Cross-sector collaboration enables a more holistic understanding of sustainability challenges, addressing social, economic, and environmental aspects simultaneously
- Scale Impact: Collective efforts amplify the impact of sustainability initiatives, reaching a broader audience and affecting larger-scale change
- Risk Mitigation: Collaboration helps distribute risks and responsibilities, making it easier to adapt and respond to unforeseen challenges in the pursuit of sustainability goals.
Moderator: Oskar Molander – Youth adviser Future Minds & Sweden's Youth Delegate to the United Nations
Reva Hagins, Manager GAME Streetmekka
Fernanda Drumond, Strategy Lead H&M Foundation
Adam Lindholm, Nordic Corporate Responsible Lead EY